EASTER PONY CAMP 2019
From Tuesday 23rd to Friday 26th April, 10.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. daily. €50 for one day, €180 for all four days. Contact us to book.
SUMMER PONY CAMPS 2019
July: Monday 8th – Friday 12th and Monday 22nd – Friday 26th
August: Monday 12th – Friday 16th
9.30 a.m to 5.30 p.m.
€55 per day, €30 half day, €220 all five days, €420 residential (Sunday night to Friday evening).
10% discount for second and subsequent family members.
At our pony camps, children spend a minimum of two hours each day in the saddle. This includes riding instruction in lessons and on treks, and during mounted games. The rest of each day is spent learning about ponies, including how to groom, feed, lead, tack up and care for them. We particularly emphasise and train children in the important of body language and positive reinforcement in the handling of horses and ponies. Instruction is also given on the parts of the saddle and bridle, and on how to clean them. Children are also expected to participate in the hard work of stable management, including mucking out and sweeping the yard. Each camp ends with a gymkhana on the final day, with competitions suitable for all levels of participant and the chance to win rosettes and other prizes.
Pony Camps are geared to teaching riding through the use of natural horsemanship techniques, particularly in relation to creating a bond with your pony in and out of the saddle.
- The camps are suitable for children aged 5 – 18 of all levels of ability, from lead-rein novices to competent jumpers.
- Classes are taught in small groups based on the age and experience of the riders.
- Pony-owners can keep their own ponies at the camp for a small additional charge.
- Children should bring a packed lunch and snacks unless they are staying with us.
- Residential places are available for children aged 12 and over.
- Parents with younger children can stay over for the week.